Water is vital for us; we could not picture our existence without it. We would not survive without drinking it, we take a bath every day, we even cook with its help, so we should care about the quality of water we use, as contaminated water application might be hazardous to our health. The most well-know way to provide oneself with purified water is to install a water filter system in one’s house, by connecting the system to one’s house water supply line. Your whole house including a kitchen, a bathroom, and a laundry room will be provided with purified water if you make up your mind to install the water filter system. We have developed the most informative reviews of whole house water filters as well as comparison tables of the models which appear to be the best on today’s market based on their effectiveness and quality.
Top Rated Whole House Water Filters
The superior quality of this filter is confirmed by the NSD certification, in accordance to which chlorine is reduced by 97% with its help. The model doesn’t need electricity and doesn’t require neither salt nor back flushing, which makes its maintaining simple.
The most notorious advantage of this filter is its selective filtration, which preserves the minerals while removing chlorine and other impurities. The condition of one’s nails, skin and hair can be improved by using the pH balanced water.
The model has three filtration stages: the dirt, microscopic particles and rust filtering on the first, chlorine removing and the pH level balancing on the second, reduction of chlorine quantity and some other contaminants removing on the final stage.
The Aquasan Rhino model installation requires the professional help unless you are a master when it comes to using tools.
Aquasana Rhino, which is considered to be premium quality whole house water filtration system, is available in two possible variants:
EQ-1000 system: for 1,000,000 gallons of water purification with a 10-year warranty.
RQ-300 system: 300,000 gallons of water filtering with a 3-year warranty.
Crystal Quest has several models in its manufacturing. These models have different sizes: small, medium and big. The price fluctuates depending on a size you will choose. For example, CQE-WH-01103 is a medium sized model and is a triple 20 x 2.5 inches filter.
Crystal Quest CQE-WH-01103 comprises seven stages of water clarification. The first stage gets rid of dirt, sand, and silt. During the other 5 stages, the water hardness will get reduced, all the heavy metals and all the other hazardous elements will get removed. The last stage will spare you of volatile organic carbon chemicals.
If you need a more moderate option and a filter that disposes only of rust, sediment and dirt, take Watts WH-LD Premier water filtration system into consideration. This model is produced with a built-in bypass valve, and will be suitable for city water as well as fine water filtering. Three filters and an installation wrench come with the model. The installation process is easy enough to manage it with no need for the help of a plumber. The filter has a NSF certification.
This model can be installed in the whole house system as well as only inline and under the sink. This whole house sediment water filter features a Valve-in-Head technology that allows to handle the filter cartridge replacement with no effort.
The Aqua-Pure AP903 model is made of stainless steel, which is non-corrosive. It has an easy installation process and an unhindered water flow. It is convenient in maintenance and involves a renewal of a regular filter cartridge only. The filter is sufficient for dealing with rust, chlorine, and other minerals reducing. It passes the NSF standard 42 and can cope with well-water particulate reducing. It is estimated to filter 20 gallons per minute.
The installation process:
So you have obtained the water filter system, now you have to install it to start receiving fine fresh water throughout your accommodation. Of course, the easiest way would be to have this kind of job done for you by a professional, but you could complete this task yourself providing you carefully follow the next steps.
To get maximum efficiency, the filters had better be installed on the main water supply line, as it will help purify all of the water arriving at your house.
- The first step: properly choose a convenient location. In order to change the filter with no effort, it had better be installed in a place that is easy of approach. Also, enough clearance should be provided in order to reattach, remove the filter easily. Apart from that, the best location to install the filter would be close to a shut off valve.
- The second step: drain the system. Make sure you have shut off your water supplying system. The next step is to find the lowest point in your house with a faucet, which one should open and drain the remaining water out of one’s drainage system. This procedure will also reduce the pressure in the line.
- The third step: notch the pipe. Take the pipe cutter and cut into the water line near a shut off valve as it is showed in the instruction enclosed to the system set. Use the set to denote the exact place and to estimate you have notched off enough of the pipe to adjust the filter appropriately. Now place a bucket under the pipe and wait till no water has remained and the system is completely dry.
- The fourth step: adjust the components. On one side of the filter kit there is a push fitting; it should be inserted into the pipe to its full extent, which is 1 inch. You might have to take use of an adapter in case the filter fittings do not fit your pipe dimension. Attach the fittings and use Teflon tape to ensure you’ve made a good junction between the filter port and the fittings, mark the final piece of the pipe by holding it against the end of the shut off valve.
- The fifth step: the arrangement of the filter. After having installed the filter, check that the water is running into the system through the “in” port and comes out through the “out” port. The system will not be working in a proper way in case you have done backwards. While installing the filter draw nuts up tight for every of the interfaces. Slide the compression rings, check they are snugly situated and then screw the nuts down.
- The sixth step: turn the water on. Use a lever on the filter to change the configuration of the inlet valve. You have three options here to choose from: “filter”, “off”, and “bypass”. Having installed the filter, turn the valve to the “off” mode, turn on the water and ascertain there are not any leaks. Turn the valve to the “filter” mode then. Now you should witness the filter gradually filling with water and beginning the filtration process. Make certain there are not any leaks ones again. If you discern any, tighten the outfits harder or the compression housing.